1/19/2007

When Working at Home is Not Working for Your Family



I'll never forget the day that I finally decided to work from home. I held various positions in the social services industry prior to the birth of my first child. I taught parenting classes, I worked with at-risk youth and juvenile delinquent teens and I investigated child abuse and neglect reports. In the eight years I worked in the field, I'd convinced myself that many of the social problems I'd been hired to fix were partially the result of moms that were too busy working (outside the home) to properly care for their children.

I worked in an office that was comprised of about 95% women. Most of them were young mothers. I threw the first grenade in my own "mommy war"when I proudly announced my intention to quit my job and work from home.

Continue Reading...



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home