7 Quick and Easy Lunch Ideas for Kids
It's 11:00 and we eat lunch at 11:30. I am starving...and the kiddos are getting cranky. I thought I would start my Simple 7 series in panic mode and share my last-minute lunch brainstorming session with you.
1. Egg Toast. Otherwise known as "bullseye sandwiches". My kids love these. You simply cut a hole into a piece of bread. Butter both sides and place into a pan. Crack an egg into the hole...flip, season and serve. (We also put shredded cheese on the top).
2. Bacon / Ranch Tortilla Roll-Up. These are super simple and tasty. Simply fry up some bacon (we use turkey bacon) and place into a warmed tortilla. Add some shredded cheese, ranch dressing...(and slip some veggies in if you can get away with it). Wa-la. Lunch is served!
3. Pizza Toast. Whenever my kids are hungry...and bored, we make Pizza bread. Simply take a piece of bread (French Bread is the best) and top with prepared pizza sauce. Grab whatever toppings you have leftover in your fridge and have the kids create their own pizza. The other day, we made BBQ chicken pizza bread with black beans, cheddar cheese, leftover chicken and BBQ sauce. It was DE-LISH! )
Once your pizzas are assembled place in the oven until the cheese turns brown.
4. Boiled BBQ Chicken. This is a simple meal kids love. Place some frozen chicken breasts in boiling water. The chicken is done when you can pull it apart with a fork. Shred the chicken, add BBQ sauce and serve on buns, tortillas or toast.
5. Banana Peanut Butter Sandwiches. From the Dole Kids Cookbook
6. Apple Tuna Sandwich. From the Dole Kids Cookbook
7. ....and when all else fails, make a classic PB&J and let the kids PAINT IT!
Technorati Tags: kids meals, lunches, kids lunches, lunch ideas, quick and easy, lunches, dinners, meals for kids, sandwiches, recipes, picky eaters, quick lunches, simple