1/03/2007

Make Your Own Baby Food


I became a stay-at-home mom when my first child was born and quite honestly I was a bit frightened when she started eating solid foods and I started calculating the cost of those tiny little baby food jars.

I have to admit, I didn't necessarily think about the health benefits of homemade foods initially because I was simply trying to save money.

I have a wonderful relative who sent me numerous "recipes" for baby foods. I am not much of a cook so I was happy to find out that the process isn't too extensive. Cook, mash, freeze, thaw, serve. Even with my limited kitchen skills I could manage that.

One of the best tips I learned from the process was to use ice-cube trays as a portioning tube. In a standard tray, each section is approximately two ounces. You simply pop the trays into the freezer and store the food cubes in freezer bags. Then, you thaw the cubes and serve.

Here is a great site to help get you started.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home