3/11/2007

HGTV designed a room for me!


Okay - so I didn't exactly get an extreme home makeover, but I did get some great ideas that helped me decorate a room in my home that I hated.

I have a room that is next to my kitchen (I guess you could call it a den.). Anyway, U.G.L.Y....is an understatement.

It had bright white walls, a dirty looking fireplace and "oldish" looking wainscoting. (Not the cool white stuff that you see in pottery barn). Oh...and it had dirty white carpeting.

Anyway - I turned on HGTV on afternoon "Get Color" and they were featuring a family that had MY room! (Ishy fireplace...CHECK!) (Icky carpeting...CHECK!) Dated wainscoting...CHECK!) It was identical!

So...I watched as they painted the room a terra-cotta orange color. At first, I was horrified, but then I saw how the paint color pulled everything together.

I decided to give it a whirl....

I couldn't be happier. I LOVE it! Thank you HGTV! =)

So..what do you think? Have you ever been tempted to go ORANGE? Boy...it sure helps when you can see a guinea pig home on TV before making a color commitment!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home